“My family doesn’t have a lot of doctor visits, and we’re fairly healthy. How do I know which plan to choose?”
There are four tiers of healthcare coverage to choose from, and a few other considerations. Michigan is not part of the nation-wide exchange program, but we still have the same options as far as healthcare coverage.
- At the Bronze level – you pay a lower monthly premium, and a higher percentage of your healthcare costs – plan pays 60 percent.
- At the Silver level – premiums go up but the plan pays 70 percent
- Gold level – premiums are higher and the plan pays 80 percent
- Platinum – your monthly premiums are high, but the plan pays 90 percent of your out of pocket expenses.
If you don’t have frequent doctor visits or a lot of prescriptions you may want to opt for the Bronze or Silver tiers, but there are other variables to to consider. When weighing which of the premium/deductibles to choose, or which insurance product you trust, AC Financial agents have the expertise to take you through all the steps to make the best decision for your family. A good way to help you make that decision is to look at your lifestyle choices and the way your family is growing.
1) How often do you and your family make visits to the doctor or have prescriptions filled?
2) Do you have children who are currently, or will become involved in sports?
3) Do you plan to expand your family?
There are a number of variables that go into choosing the right deductible to premium ratio for you and your family. At AC Financial, we want to help manage your assets while making sure you have the right coverage when you need it. Overall you don’t want to be paying too much for coverage you won’t use, or too little for coverage if you need it more often.
Click the link to our insurance products at www.mihealthplans.com to get started. One of trained AC Financial agents will contact you to walk you through the process to get your questions answered.